HOPE

"What oxygen is to the lung, such is hope for the meaning of life."

Sunday, April 10, 2011

LETTERS I RECEIVE….


I read the letters I receive

I cry for the hearts that grieve,

I see the world that’s falling apart

And I know, it breaks my heart


I know the pain you feel so well

All my life, on it I dwell,

Sometimes it tears my heart in two

Till, I know not what to do


But remember what I say

On bended knees please pray,

With cries from your very soul

My Lord, will make you whole


He will answer from above

With unconditional perpetual love,

And your burdens He’ll set free

As you rise from bended knee…


© Sheriff G Ali 2011

2 comments:

  1. Wow Sheriff that is really good. you know sometimes it feels like compassion is almost a curse. Celebrations are always dampened by the knowledge that not everyone has reason, a good meal loses its flavor at the thought that so many would be happy with just your scraps. If only the world was a fair place to live.

    ReplyDelete