HOPE

"What oxygen is to the lung, such is hope for the meaning of life."

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Life is not a problem to be solved but a mystery to be lived!



“Each and every one of us has a train of thought on which we ride when we are alone. The dignity and nobility of our lives, as well as our happiness, depend upon the direction which that train is going, the baggage it carries, and the scenery through which it travels.

I thank God for my happy dreams, as I do for my good rest; for there is a satisfaction in them unto reasonable desires, and such as can be content with a fit of happiness; and surely it is not a melancholy conceit to think we are all asleep in this world, and that the conceits of this life are as mere dreams to those of the next. [I never go to sleep] without my prayers, and a half adieu unto the world, and take my farewell in a colloquy with God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment