HOPE

"What oxygen is to the lung, such is hope for the meaning of life."

Monday, October 4, 2010

WORKING FOR $1.65 PER HOUR IN 1970, DID YOU?

Imagine, Linda McMahon, the Republican Senatorial Candidate for Connecticut; a woman who spends more money on her hair in one year, than a person working 52 weeks for the minimum wage, Linda McMahon is advocating “that Congress should review the “minimum wage,” not for increase but to decrease it.

This is a person who made tens of millions of dollars on the sweat, tears and blood of others, and she shamelessly has no conscience about “causing more children” to starve, by reducing the minimum wage.

In 1970 I worked for $1.65 per hour, and out of that I had to purchase a Bus-Pass, pay school fees, buy books, food, clothes, and help my ill brother and his family. My brother died in November of 1970, at the age of 26, and left two children, a boy 18 months and a daughter 3 years of age. Yes, I sacrificed so that they could live and have food and shelter, schooling and the necessities of life, and if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn’t hesitate for a moment!

I traveled on 8 buses per day to go to work and go to school. It was a chore that began every day at 4:30 AM and did not end until close to mid-night. Yes, out of hard work and sacrifice none of my four children ever knew what it means to be hungry, much less to starve! But I knew, I was born into it and grew up in it, but the difference is, irrespective of how big my blessings are, “I can never, ever forget, what it means to go for days on end, without something to eat.

You should know that there is a difference between being hungry and starving! Hungry for most people happens to be that they are too busy, or they are caught in traffic or dinner is running later, but “starving,” well, that is the other side of the coin; that feeling in your stomach that begins with anxiousness, you begin to tremble, you get dizzy, it's almost like the world or your life is ending!

The Politicians are pretending that they are just watching out for the good of America, but people should make no mistake, if these “Pariah’s ends up controlling one or both of the Houses of Congress, the “poor,” will eat dirt, and those in the middle, will be where the “poor are today.” (46 Million People Are Living In Poverty In America)

Sheriff G Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment