HOPE

"What oxygen is to the lung, such is hope for the meaning of life."

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Beyond this place of wrath and tears...


There are those before my time and I am certain that there would be many after me, who would also find “solace” in the poetic words penned by William Ernest Henley, in 1875

UNCONQUERABLE!


Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
for my unconquerable soul.


I have not winced nor cried aloud
My head is bloody, but unbowed
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

It matters not how strait the gate,
I am the master of my fate

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.”

My Comments –March 21 2011

The twists and turns in my life have been rapid; sometimes the frequency is more than I can bare and the dark valleys seem to go unabated without even a tincture of light. But my faith in God, My Lord; draws me out of the doldrums of deep and unforgiving waters of illnesses to intermittent health; from insatiable circumstances to miraculous reconciliation; and yes, I thank my God and Lord, “for never leaving me nor forsaking me!”


No comments:

Post a Comment