HOPE

"What oxygen is to the lung, such is hope for the meaning of life."

Thursday, March 10, 2011

CRYSTAL – CHANDELIER!

A Rose may not die but it will certainly mourn

Before you make this choice to be with me

Please take a good look, at all that you see

I have no Mansion on a hill with a Crystal Chandelier

The precariousness of my life, we will live in fear

For you, there will be no dresses for special dances

Necessities of life will be one in a million chances

A peaceful life to have, I must give up all that I earned

For so many decades, happiness is all I yearned

In this difficult decision, I must give up all

Only then I can answer my destiny’s call

All I have to give is standing in front of you

Think once, twice, thrice, before you say I do

Look into the ocean, the myriads of miles of Sea

That silent empty distance, well, that is me!

© Sheriff G Ali 2009-2011

Author’s Comments

I must go back, then, a little way to the choice mercies of yesterday, and though all may be dark now, I must light up the lamps of the past. They shall glitter through the darkness, and I shall trust in the Lord till the day break, and the shadows flee away.

No comments:

Post a Comment