HOPE

"What oxygen is to the lung, such is hope for the meaning of life."

Thursday, January 6, 2011

O Child of Suffering!

It is a happy way of soothing sorrow when I can feel – “He cares for me.” I must not dishonor my Lord by wearing a brow of care; come, my soul, cast your burden upon my Lord. Sometimes I stagger beneath a weight which my Father would not feel. What seems to me a crushing burden; would be to Him but as the small dust of balance. Nothing is sweet as;

“Lie passive in God’s hands

And know no will but His!”

O my suffering soul; be thou patient; God has not passed thee over in His providence. He who is the feeder of sparrows will also meet all of my needs. I must not sit in despair, but hope on, hope ever. I must take up my arms of faith in a sea of trouble and my opposition shall yet end my distresses.

There is one who cares for me; His eye is fixed on me. His heart beats with pity for my woe and His hand omnipotent shall yet bring me the needed help. The darkest cloud shall scatter itself in showers of mercy. The biggest gloom shall give place to the morning. He will bind up my wounds and heal my broken heart.

I must not doubt His grace because of my tribulation, but believe that He loves me as much in seasons of trouble as in times of happiness. What a serene and quiet life might I lead if I would leave providing, to my God of providence! With a little oil in the cruse and a handful of meal in the barrel, Elijah outlived the famine and I will do the same.

If God cares for me, why need I care too? If I can trust God with my soul, why can’t I trust Him with my body? He has never refused to bear my burdens; He has never fainted under weight. Come, then my soul, do away with fretful care and leave all thy concerns in the hand of my gracious God!

Sheriff G Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment