HOPE

"What oxygen is to the lung, such is hope for the meaning of life."

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

FAME – WEALTH – POWER – SUFFERING!

I have not the answers as to why things happen and neither can I ever explain for the rest of my life, how some lives turn out to be smooth and uninterrupted, and others, there seem to be impasses every step of the way. I do not know what this night, this day or the tomorrows to come, holds for me, but what I do know is that God will always be first in my life!

And so for me, success is neither, fame, wealth nor power, rather it is seeking, knowing, loving and obeying God. If you seek, you will know; if you know, you will love, if you love, you will obey. I have learned that assistance given to the weak makes the one who gives it strong, and the oppression of the unfortunate makes one weak. Thus, stewardship is my commitment: the asking of God to take me back to Himself – all that I am, and all that I would ever be, for in the final analysis, stewardship is the acceptance from God of personal responsibility for all of life and life’s affairs.

I hope that all people would accept suffering and live through it, not fight against and refuse it, only then it is completed and becomes transmuted. It is absorbed, and having accomplished its work, it ceases to exist as suffering, and becomes part of our growing self.

Sheriff G Ali

Here is an interesting thought written by Florence Nightingale. 1820 - 1910

“Life is a hard fight, a struggle, a wrestling with the Principle of Evil, hand to hand, foot to foot. Every inch of the way must be disputed. The night is given us to take breath, to pray, to drink deep at the fountain of power. The day is to use the strength which has been given us, to go forth to work with it till the evening.”

No comments:

Post a Comment