HOPE

"What oxygen is to the lung, such is hope for the meaning of life."

Friday, September 10, 2010

GOOD STROKE MR. PRESIDENT!


http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/08/us/politics/08obama.html

Although I was a benefactor of the Bush’s Tax Cuts in 2001 and 2003, I sincerely agree with President Obama for making it crystal clear that Bush’s tax cuts is not going to be extended. Continuing Bush’s tax cuts would only “give to us” who already have, and despite what the Republicans are promulgating, Bush’s tax cuts wasn’t then or now paid for, and extending tax cuts for those of us who already have so much, it would require borrowing more money for this “wantonness,” that should not have been authorized in the first place.

Allowing tax cuts for income earners of $250,000.00 and less is the right thing to do. I have been blessed with more than I could spend in ten life times, but to this very minute I could not and never would understand why people who “have more than enough,” seek to gain more, while others are suffering.

I have used my money to “self-fund” a Foundation [SHERIFF G. ALI FOUNDATON] to help educate children. I have never and would never accept any funds from anyone, period! There is an incomprehensible feeling of goodness for which “words,” could never explain, when you do humble and noble things. For me, giving is far greater than receiving! Irrespective of what ever our individual situation may be, “we can all make a difference!”

“Giving is a joy if we do it in the right spirit. It all depends on whether we think of it as “What can we spare?” or as “What can we share?” Esther York Burkholder

It may be futile on my part but my heart’s desire is that every person would become; his or her, brother’s keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment